Thursday, March 19, 2015

Misunderstood

To all those who read,

To think.. 
To think I believed that to be misunderstood was a phase. Possibly a teenage, rebellious phase where adults forgot what it was to be a teenager and decided against trying to remember, so as to never understand the teenagers around them. 

To think..
To think I honestly believed there would come a day where I would become an adult, like the other adults, and with this new recognition; with this new label.. I would also obtain the status of being understood. 

To think..
To think I was so naive, so naive. How could I believe that one day I would make sense to all these people around me? What possessed me to believe such nonsense? 

I'm not complaining, I'm not moaning I swear. I'm quite proud of this newly found entity in my life. Misunderstood. A forever emotion, just the same as love. Except, love has positive connotations attached to it, doesn't it? Misunderstood, on the other hand, it's connected to the negative portion of our lives. I don't see why anymore. I mean I love being in-love, I do. Love can get difficult though, can't it? Plus it makes life hurt more, but it also makes it so much better. So who's to say being misunderstood shouldn't be a positive attribute of life, also? 

I've come to enjoy being misunderstood. There's an elegance to people getting confused by your being, a sense of mystery is always a good thing, right? I quite enjoy it. People not knowing what I'll come out with next. Whether they'll understand the next part of my life, or not. I enjoy it. 

So misunderstand me all you like. 

I'm just growing up like the rest of humanity. 


Love From,
Sali      x

1 comment: